Sunday, May 22, 2005

Over Night Trip toward Liberty Bell Mine

Saturday afternoon, and it was RECORD degree heat here in town. I finally got my stuff together around 12:30 and started heading up the hill toward Liberty Bell Mine. I love the fact I can go interesting places without getting in my truck.

Anyway, I was loaded down with overnight gear, and the only thing flat about Telluride is the valley floor. In otherwords, I was sucking air, being in the shape I was.

But I had plenty of time, and good spirits. Soon, I was into the snow. Post-hole I went, until it was not worth the work. I climbed up on the ridge and set up camp. Nothing very comfortable about my campsite. It was rocky, on a slant, and cliffs on 3 sides. I just hoped I did not sleep walk, or the wind to blow me off.

That night I witness a incredible sunset and moon rise. Without a doubt the photos I took from that spot was worth every minor back-ache. :)

Enjoy, I sure did.

No comments: