Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Monoslideshow and Error Fixed (technical explanation)

I have been trying to figure out WHY on IE6/7 sometimes my picture slideshow would error out with Error loading MonoSlideshow.xml.

It appeared to be caused by Internet Explorer caching "incorrectly" the flash file. Also on my Apple OSX machines I did NOT see the problem.

I even posted to the user forum on the Monoslideshow website with no answer. Click here for my original question and my response under username mmowery
http://www.monoslideshow.com/vanilla/discussion/626/problem-in-ie-error-loading-slideshow-monoslideshowxml-only-when-going-back/#Item_7.

After digging for several hours on the internet, I discovered a hack to so IE wont cache the SWF (Flash) file. YES!!!!

So HOPEFULLY, all of you that have been getting errors when you re-visit my blog, will not have this problem any more.

If you DO see the error again, please post a comment so I can try to debug it.

Thank you,
Michael