Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Minority Report Showing At Willow Way

As strange as this sounds, tonight was the first time I have watched in entirety Minority Report http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0181689/ .  I had checked it out from our library.  http://www.telluridelibrary.org/

I enjoyed the film, it was a must see because of all the references to its "future" technology that is occurring now.

For the few people out there that have NOT seen it here is the trailer on youTube:  
</object>

...mtm

Posted via email from mmowery's posterous

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is funny how well Philip K. Dick's short stories convert to movies... Though the endings for the movies are always pretty lame and spoil the original idea behind the story.

The one exception is I am hard pressed to say whether I preferred Blade Runner or the story it was made from, Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? I think the problem here, though, was that I saw the movie before reading the story so it was already in my head and I saw the protagonist as Harrison Ford when I read it.

I must say, however, that the worst offense when changing one of these stories to film was the changes made from We Can Remember It For You Wholesale to Total Recall. Had I not been told the one was an adaptation of the other, it may have totally escaped my notice!

Glad you enjoyed Minority Report. It is not a bad adaptation!

Don