Friday, July 24, 2009

Getting Eaten alive at night, which Ant-Itch remedy do you use

For some reason this year, Mary Dawn and I are getting eaten alive by some bitting insect at night. It is not Mosquitoes, but some sort of Gnat. Very small, but we are not sure what it is.

But we sure do ITCH.

So, I Wiki about Anti-Itch and learnt that a new word: Antipruritics, also known as anti-itch drugs

I remember grandma always had us do the Baking Soda remedy.

So Internet people what is YOUR favorite Anti-Itch remedy.

I bought the following two products, the other day, and sometimes try to do an experiment, by applying one product to each leg. However, I have not come to a conclusion yet, because I always forget which leg is what. Maybe I need to write with a Sharpe which is what. :)




Anyway, if you have a thought please comment.
Thanks!

2 comments:

Mike said...

We've been using baking soda, but with witch hazel and a drop or two of essential oil of lavender. Really helps with wasp/bee stings.

Unknown said...

I don't have a remedy other than the baking soda but I really got lots of bites when we were at the Homestead for your 40th. I had assumed they were mosquitoes but the bites seemed different somehow. Good luck.
Mom