Thursday, July 16, 2009

My Surprise 40th Birthday Day

I knew Mary Dawn was up to something for my Birthday (40th) but she did a great job organizing and hiding it from me.

Woke up, and she said that we were on a schedule. Hmmm, is this the Mary Dawn that I know? Ok so it sounds like a packed day.

We made breakfast (Habanero Potatoes and Jalapeno Eggs). Smokie and Valentino watched with envy. Instead of juice, Mary Dawn put a 20 oz can of PBR on my plate.

I then opened some of the presents.

Afterwords we took the boys up to the Beaver Pond and did the loop from the road off of Marmot ski run. Valentino show me his wonderful swimming skills. I was quite impressed!

Following, Mary Dawn said we needed to go to the Market, before we go to the "hot springs", I thought ugh, why could she not have done this earlier, but this was all part of the PLAN.

Outside of the market, I notice several of my friends just hanging around. Hmmm, this is a bit odd. Turns out she had booked a rafting trip with Further Adventures (with Bob and Penelope from Boot Doctors).

Excellent, I have never rafted the San Miguel before. The rafting trip was a blast. Thanks to all that went rafting with us.

At the end of the trip Penelope made an amazing cake.

Back at the Market, I was told that we were going to the Sunset concert, but we needed to go back home first. Again, I thought it would have been great if we could just stay in Mountain Village, but I went with the flow.

As we pulled up the drive way, I saw the homestead decorated. AND my parents and sister made a trip from Fort Collins/Denver for the surprise Birthday party! WOW, I was totally surprised and very happy that they made the trip down for this occasion!

With lots of food, drinks, and dogs it was a good time for all.

A few photos from that special day.



Many thanks to all that made this possible.
Special thanks to Mom, Dad and Sister who made a special long trip.
And Special Special thanks to Mary Dawn for all the hard work that went into this.

I felt the love.

Cheers,
Michael

No comments: