Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First full day in Budapest

Will see if I can keep up the blog while I am here in Budapest.

I arrived at 2:30 pm here in Budapest. This was over 24 hrs of travel from Telluride, but it went fairly smoothly. I took a taxi directly into the office. Did all the logistical stuff, meet people, and took a taxi to my hotel.

I am staying at Hotel Ambra. It is nice, big, somewhat quiet (for a big city), in a cool area, and I think it will just fine for my 2 week stay here.

I tried to stay up as late as possible last night so, I really do think I kicked the jet lag. Got up and realized that I did not unpack yet. Tonight will be one big iron session.

Breakfast is good. I think enough variety to last for the next couple of weeks.

The only thing bad about the room so far is the phone keeps ringing. Had to unplug it. Told the front desk, hopefully, they can look at it today.

I then walked to where I can catch a bus to work. But first I wanted to buy the seven day travel card. However, the place I have bought this card in the past, was closed. There was a sign on the window, but my Hungarian is absence.

Number 9 bus, works out great. Takes 17 mins from the town center to Mazsda ter where the office is. I feel like a pro!!!

Ok, need to get to work.

Pictures, might be posted tonight.

Cheers,
Michael

[Added this picture after the fact]
Waiting for my flight out of Telluride.

No comments: