Thursday, July 24, 2008

Some how I always find my self wandering around

I am a wanderer. When I get to a place I have never been, I tend to wander until I get lost. Then get my self "un-lost". Then start the cycle over and over and over.

I probably wander until I got lost 3-4 times yesterday, then I just continue until I recoginze some street, object, and then re-orient. This all takes time, hence, I never seem to have the energy or time to blog at night. ugh.

By doing this, I wandered into several places where I visited last time I was here in Budapest. I ended up eating next to the Greek place, that Mary Dawn and I went to.

But here is the craziest thing. My work colleague last time I was here took me to this place to have a drink. It was in some courtyard, very much what I would call a dive bar in the states. SOOOO much character, I thought I would never see that place again. It has giant insects hanging from the ceiling. Graffiti everywhere.

So, I was walking back to the hotel which is on a side street of a side street. During the day this place, has a "garage style" door into the corridor. No signs, no nothing. Just graffiti. However, last night, it was opened. Then a strange sense of deja vu settle in. Then it occurred to me that this IS that place and it is right around the corner from the hotel. I have walked by the door many times and never knew that this was THAT place.

I JUST might have to go visit again some time this or next week. :)

I will close with a self timer picture I took of me on the Danube, with the bridge and National Gallery in the background. Budapest at night is VERY magical.


Ok, way late for work. But as I am finding out, the working hours in Budapest are shifted to 9-10 am starts.

No comments: