Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Harris, Inc has downsize. I have been affected.

Ok, so the people that follow my twitter (on the right), have noticed that my company Harris, Inc has downsized.

I was told about this decision right after I got back from my Budapest trip. This did not come as too much of a surprise. We were told all teams were going to be affected. When I was requested to go out to Budapest, I suspected it was to train my self out of job. In the past, my performance at Harris, Inc. as sheltered me from such downsizings, however, the culture has changed regarding remote employees (which I was). To my knowledge most (if not all) of the remote employees got it.

People ask me, so now what? What are your plans? This is usually my response:
"Change is not always bad. The world is wide open now. It is kind of exciting, a bit scary, but a big part of me really does like new adventures."
So, this all went down on Monday. On Tuesday, I received all the paper work via overnight FedEx. Today, I sent my laptops and paperwork, and my expense report to Harris.

I have SOOOOOOO many projects, that I want to do. No rest for me.

Then off to Germany, later in the month with Mary Dawn. She is doing some buying for her store Alpen Schatz and doing research for her Alpen Tours. I will be her personal assistant.

Once I start a new job, I won't have any vacation, so need to get that out of the way AND it was paid for it from Harris.

Thanks to all, that have given me support.

Come back soon to this blog, lots of Budapest stuff to blog about and some of my new plans might start trickling out.

-Michael

ps. If you are looking for some .NET, Cocoa, Web work, send me an email. mmowery@hyperspider.com <- Shameless plug....

No comments: