Thursday, August 07, 2008

Unemployment += 1;


For the first time in my life, I filed for Unemployment. Interesting process. Snippet of the application below.
"I understand I must register for work and actively seek work in order to be paid on this claim, unless I am job attached or union attached. I understand I am required to keep a detailed record of my job contacts, including dates of contacts, names and addresses of employers, names and titles of persons contacted, phone numbers of employers contacted, type of work sought, how job contact was made, whether an application was taken, and the results of these contacts.(Your Unemployment Insurance Handbook includes a log for recording these job contacts.) I am aware that my work search contacts are subject to verification. I further understand I may be denied payment for any period for which I cannot provide this detailed record of my work search. NOTE: Colorado residents must make five contacts per week seeking work. Non-residents are required to make three contacts per week seeking work."

Hopefully, I don't have to be on this for long. But I guess the many decades of paying into Unemployment Insurance, I should be able to get back a little bit from it.

No comments: