Saturday, August 16, 2008

So, it appears that I don't need to apply for a EIN for my new LLC that I am creating


So, in my transition, I am setting up a LLC. (name will be posted later this week). But since I am the only employee in the LLC. The following applies.

http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq-kw67.html
I recently formed a limited liability company (LLC). The LLC has no employees. Do I need a separate Federal Tax ID number for the LLC?
No, you will not need a separate Federal Tax ID number for the LLC if you are the sole owner of the LLC and the LLC has no employees. If you are the sole owner of the LLC and the LLC has employees, you will need to get a separate Federal Tax ID number, if you choose to have the LLC report and pay employment taxes with respect to employees of the LLC. If you are not the sole owner of the LLC, you will need a separate Federal Tax ID number for the LLC. See Notice 99-6, 1999-1 CB 321.
Not sure any one really cares about this, but you never know.  

No comments: