Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hop Garden (Review)

In a previous post, I said I would write my thoughts on Hops Garden.

So with my very special guest Mary Dawn (of Alpen Schatz) we sampled the Bretz'n with Obazda and Süßer Senf. :)

Here is what she wrote:

The new Hop Garden in T-Ride offers an authentic large "Beer Garden" Bretz'n (Pretzel) which is served with Obazda (a Bavarian Cheese Spread) and Süßer Senf (Bavarian Sweet Mustard).

The pretzel is warm and soft on the inside and crunchy on the outside. I rate this dish a 8.5 out of 10. The lacking 15% would be the Bretz'n is not having the large Rock Salt typical of German Pretzels and the Obazda lacking the spicy/tang taste of a true Bavarian Obazda. In all, I've never ever seen an attempt in America to serve authentic Bavarian and its dips.


Ok so there go, a review from someone that lived in Munich many years.

From MY beer standpoint, they had about 10 beers (some local and some European). However, only several were flowing today. They range from $5 to $8.5. I had a Fat Tire, so not very German.

Another good point, I was able to get a weak WiFi signal there. Not sure if that access point will hang around, but for any of you on-the go people, you might try it.

No comments: