Saturday, January 14, 2006

Acute Bronchitis (My body is the battlefield, and it is war)

Ugh, the last couple of days have been hell. My suspicion of Acute Bronchitis (or some type of lung infection) was correct.

The following was taken from http://familydoctor.org/677.xml
What is acute bronchitis?
Acute bronchitis is an infection of the bronchial tree. The bronchial (say: “brawn-kee-ull”) tree is made up of the tubes that carry air into your lungs. When these tubes get infected, they swell and mucus (thick fluid) forms. This makes it hard for you to breathe. You may cough up mucus and you may wheeze (make a whistling sound when you breathe).


Wednesday night I had to prepare for another demo and stay up all night. Thursday morning is when the violent coughing began. By Thursday afternoon, I was feverish and I felt my body attack the infection, with full force.

I was hoping that Friday, I was going to feel better, but I ended up sleeping 85% of the day. I found out if I laid perfectly still, I would not wake the coughing up. But in the end, I knew the body was winning the battle because of all the "stuff" I was hacking up. Yuck.

Now it is Saturday noon. I "have" to get a few vertical feet in today. But I don't want to push it too much, because I am still "healing". My stomach muscles still ache from all the coughing/hacking.

Ok, enough complaining, off to the slopes I go.

GO BRONCOS!!!

No comments: