Saturday, January 14, 2006

My Lungs are Burning!, but it was a surprising fun day out on the slopes.

Ok, I really should put one more day of rest before I started skiing. My first run down Mammoth and my lungs were SCREAMING!

But, I continue on and went back up 9 and dropped down into Gold Hill. After a run down Little Rose which at the top had amazing snow.

Wow, after 3 weeks of no snow, how could this be. At the middle it was a little sketch with bare areas, so I traversed over into Andy's Gold to see if it was any better. Yes, a little bit.




I then went back up and down Electra. The picture shown is crossing over into bottom of Dynamo and has to be one of the most interesting routes I have ever skied.







I then thought I was going to call it a day. So I skied to the bottom of 4 and was about ready to go to Poachers to watch some football. Well, I thought, it is too early to quit, so up 4, 5, and down into Prospect Basin I go.


I then decide to do the short hike to Genevieve. Genevieve is reported to have the steepest pitch on the mountain at 34'. An interesting website that list all the different ski areas in the world and their stats. That is were I got the 34 degrees number. Palmyara Peak (13,320 feet) is a stunning backdrop for Genevieve.




Here is a picture looking back up Genevieve. Pictures never really capture how steep it really is. But for me it is always an rush to go down "jenny".







Ok, so enough for now, tomorrow, I will try and take a Tele-Clinic lesson. I just need to cross a few To-Do's before I start watch the Broncos game.

No comments: