Monday, April 03, 2006

3 "runs" that I have never done before Saturday


I guess part of being a local, is skiing runs that are NOT on the Ski Map. Two of these Needle Rock Chute and Mud Slide are in bounds, but just not published on the ski maps. West Lake is a run that is marked Closed, guided only. But they opened up this last couple days of the season.

I did not have any pictures of Needle Rock Chute, but I found one on this guys website, he as a picture of the chute posted here.

The story on the Needle Rock run, you ski thru the trees, then you have to hike up to rock. I did not see anyone on the way up. Once I got to the top, three woman ski patrollers where just hanging out chatting. I put my skis back on and headed down. At least I knew if I got hurt, they were behind me.

I have a poor quality photo of the Hike To's on Prospect Basin.

I am not a 100% sure were West Lake is. I just know it is one more over from Genevieve. This photo was taken early in the season, so some of the rocks might have been "covered" up on Saturday. However, the previous "ouch" post shows I found some.

There are several other un-published runs that I did this year, but I can't share all the local powder stashes. :)

No comments: