Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Cost of Skiing

It is so much easier when you have a ski pass and a place to stay to NOT think about $$$$.

Vail is still going to be $81 this weekend. Wow! Copper Mountain is only $59. Then one needs to factor in a place to stay for 2 nights, and it gets expensive fast.

The good news is I got a sweet deal on my A-Basin ticket on Sunday.

Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to calculate what it cost me to ski at telluride.

My season pass (early bird prices) cost me $965. Last year (non early prices) cost me $1350.

Ok so here are some of my numbers from the season:
Total number of feet: 939,012
Number of times I rode the lift: 685
Number of days I skied: 73

If I divide the cost of the pass by each of these numbers:
$1.03 for ever 1000 feet skied (or 1/10 penny per foot)
$1.41 for every lift I rode
$13.21 per day skied


I am sure my average costs of skiing will go up the next couple of ski trips.

No comments: