Sunday, April 30, 2006

April Hike of the Jud Weibe Trail

For this months hike of the Jud, I wanted to try and capture the sunrise. I woke up at 4:45 am and looked outside. Not a cloud in the starry sky. Bummer, it wont be a banner photo session. Oh well.

So anyway, up the trail I go around 5:30. I had brought my head lamp, but the first glimpses of dark blue were being shown down valley, and I did not need it.


A new friend of mine asked me if I was afraid of bears when I hiked in the dark. Nope, they don't bother me. However, what I AM afraid of is having a heart attack when of these grouse flys up (right in front you) and scares the living "daylights" out of you. On today's hike I saw (heard) a least a half a dozen of them. Horror films are least spooky than these birds.


First light on the peaks above Bear Creek.


Needle Rock with the San Jaoquin as the back drop.


A little spring being fed by all the snow melt.


While technically NOT on the Jud Weibe trail, I took a photo of these flowers in the yard of a Oak street house while heading back home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey mike...take a close look at needle rock. i mean...a real close look at the upper half. what do u see? creepy...

Hyperspider said...

Hi, I guess I see an monkey's face. Is that what you see?

Unknown said...

I think it looks kind-of like the faces on Easter Island.