Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Beers I drink most often in Telluride




Pabst Blue Ribbon (aka PBR, Pabst, Pibber) is the local cheap beer in Telluride. Many places serve it at the unheard of price of $2 (at happy hour). I actually like the stuff, and drink a fair bit of it. Hence the 30 pack.

Question: If Pabst won a Blue Ribbon, is there a statute of limitation on how long you can advertise with that status????



The other beer is the Red from the local brew pub Smuggler's. I go to Smugglers quite a bit, and it is the beer I usually order. Tonight, I did not feel in the mood to go out (and stay out), but I wanted something a little different than my PBR, so I headed down to Smugs and had my growler (1/2 gallon) filled up ($6.63 without tip). Note, it is not as "red" as shown in the picture, I positioned it in front of my light so the black lettering would show up. Kind of an interesting effect.


Not picture is Smithwicks. Only a couple of watering holes carry this yummy brew by Guiness. Good stuff.

Not picture is Spaten (or referred to as Spot) is ok, not sure it is better than PBR, but it gets order a lot here.

Not picture is always the stand by Bud Light and Coors Light in bottles. I tend to order these when I order them for the ladies.

If you find blog entries about beer interesting, then you should check out my friend Don's Blog. He actually writes about what he calls real beer (aka ales). Click here to search his blog for beer. Don you sure blog about beer a lot.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear smugs has cute servers or used to!!!