Sunday, March 05, 2006

Today was a HUGE ski day, a major wreck, and lots of milestones

Ok, I got out first thing today, and pretty much ski hard all day.

Milestones:
Worst Wreck of the Season:
Milk Run (First run of the day) was silky smooth and I was going very very fast. At the bottom of hill, the snow changed, and my skis started to vibrate. Then I started to vibrate. Then I blew up. Ugh. My neck and shoulder are a little sore and my head hurt. I also lost a ski, but honestly, even thou I have my bindings cranked down pretty good (DIN of 10), they released without any torque on the knee. It happen so quick, I don't even remember which ski it was that I lost. Anyway, thank goodness for me wearing my helmut, and thank goodness for good equipment. I was a little dingy afterwards, but not sure if I can blame that on the wreck. :)

Most feet skied in one day:
I skied 39,515 feet of vertical today. Consider the tallest mountain in the world Mt Everest is 29,028 feet.

Most runs skied in one day:
A run is calculated by how many lifts I rode. Today, I rode a lift 30 times.

500 Runs Milestone:
With today's count, I have ridden 500 lifts this season.

50 Days Skiing:
Today was my 50th day skiing this season. Which is actually less than where I was last year.

Overall, I am really liking my new skis (except when going really super fast). Good stuff. Now if only it would snow!

Ski on....

ps. My total tally on number of vertical feet this year is 666,862 feet.

No comments: