Friday, March 31, 2006

Thanks to Patrick. I decided to hike the Jud this month.

After yesterdays storm, I was doubting if I would get to hike the Jud Wiebe trail this month. Well it warmed up, and one comment from my blog

patrick said...
on this months hike of the jud...would u take some pictures of ajax and ingram/ east end of the valley?


So, I got myself motivated and I just did it.

Thanks Patrick, it turned out to be one of my best hikes of Jud!!!

Anyway, I am first going to just post pictures of Ajax Peak, so you can see the changes in color of this majestic mountain.







A couple other photos from the hike:

Some one was a bit hungry. (not me)


I was the only person (I saw some deer) that had hiked the Jud this day. No tracks.



Interesting mounds of snow and grass.



Just watching the sunset. Nice...


After the sunset, it "usually" gets dark. I tell myself everytime to bring my headlamp, but I usually just say I won't be that long. Well, the lighting was incredible at the top of the Jud, and I did want to head down just yet.
Anyway, the the snow was a bit deep back here in the woods. The top rail of this bridge is about 3 feet.

Most of the way down I noticed the sliver of a moon

I got to the bottom around 7:20 pm and it was quite dark.

Wow, one of my best hikes of the Jud todate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are such a good photographer~by the way, thanks