Friday, March 10, 2006

Mother Nature can be very humbling.

Over lunch I decided to take a couple runs in all the fresh snow. The picture shown is going up Chair 9 in relatively "peaceful" conditions.



For what ever reason, I decided to go to the top of the Ski Area (Gold Hill).

Even with all the new snow, it was completely bare at the wind blown top. The wind was blowing so hard and snowing so hard, it was a complete WHITEOUT. I literally just followed the ski boundary rope for guidance. I was going to take a picture, but it was not very nice up there, and I just wanted to get off.

I think it freaked out some poor tourists. They were just walking with their hands out in front thinking they would hit something.

Very humbling mother nature can be.

[I just now looked at the WINTER STORM WARNING,
yep I would agree with that]

PERIODS OF SNOW...HEAVY AT TIMES...WILL CONTINUE THIS AFTERNOON. BY LATE TODAY...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 15 INCHES ARE EXPECTED. IN ADDITION...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 40 MPH WILL PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever go out to the airport/ deep creek mesa to take photos of the valley? - thats my favorite spot

Hyperspider said...

Hi Patrick,
Yes back in October of 2004, I did some fun hikes/looking around in the deep creek area.
October Photos. You will have to scroll down a bit. I had a different "style" of blogging then.
:)

enjoy,
Michael